- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Carefully slice acorn squash in half.
- Use a spoon to scoop out seeds and stringy portion in the center.
- Place both halves of squash inside up on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes. While squash is baking, combine rice, soy meat, tomato paste, dried cherries, ⅓ cup of cheese, oregano , salt and pepper in a bowl.
- After 30 minutes, remove squash from oven.
- Using a tablespoon and clean hands, press rice mixture into the hollow portion of each half of the squash.
- Once all of mixture has been used, sprinkle each squash half with remaining ⅓ cup cheese. Continue baking for another 30 minutes. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.