- Wash and thoroughly dry your pumpkins.
- Slice in half and scoop out the stringy flesh and seeds. Trim the stems off and lay cut side down on a baking sheet.
- Pour about one cup of water around the pumpkins and bake at 350 degrees for approximately one hour, until the flesh is soft and can be scooped out easily. **Steph's comment: I simple chop the pumpkins into chunks and cook in a sauce pan with water until soft, then I puree with immersion blender. Takes only 20 minutes.
- Scoop out pumpkin pulp and place in a large bowl to puree with an immersion blender. You could also transfer it in batched to a food processor to puree.
- If your pumpkin puree is too thin, you can strain off some of the water by lining a sieve with cheesecloth and transferring the puree to it for about 20 minutes.
Find Recipes For: