- In a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade, puree all the peppers until smooth.
- Transfer puree to a dampened jelly bag, cheesecloth or a fine mesh stainless steel strainer set over a deep bowl. Let drip until you get 1 1/4 cups pepper juice. Add enough pulp to bring it to 1 1/2 cups.
- Meanwhile, prepare canner lids and jars according to canning instructions.
- Transfer the 1 1/2 cups pepper juice/pulp mixture to a large, stainless steel saucepan. Add vinegar and lemon juice. Whisk in pectin until dissolved. Bring to boil over high heat, stirring frequently. Add sugar all at once and return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil hard, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and quickly skim off foam and discard.
- Quickly pour hot jelly into prepared hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Screw band down until resistance is met, then increase to fingertip-tight.
- Place jars in canner, ensuring they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil and process for 10 minutes. Remove canner lid, wait 5 minutes, then remove jars to cool. Store.
Recipe Source: Life at Cobble Hill Farm