- Wash and thoroughly dry your pumpkins.
- Slice in half and scoop out the stringy flesh and seeds. Trim the stems off and lay cut side down on a baking sheet.
- Pour about one cup of water around the pumpkins and bake at 350 degrees for approximately one hour, until the flesh is soft and can be scooped out easily. **Steph's comment: I simple chop the pumpkins into chunks and cook in a sauce pan with water until soft, then I puree with immersion blender. Takes only 20 minutes.
- Scoop out pumpkin pulp and place in a large bowl to puree with an immersion blender. You could also transfer it in batched to a food processor to puree.
- If your pumpkin puree is too thin, you can strain off some of the water by lining a sieve with cheesecloth and transferring the puree to it for about 20 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the parsnips, apple, spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, allspice and cinnamon. Add in the eggs and milk and stir to combine. Add a dash more milk if the dough doesn't easily come together.
3. Divide dough into 8 equal portions and roll each into a rough ball. Place onto the prepared baking tray.
4. Place buns into the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the oven and serve warm with a generous spread of butter.
Recipe Source: I Quit Sugar
Find Recipes For: